Working closely with our client’s families and loved ones improves the transition back into their community. By providing those closest to the client with the necessary resources, we believe the post-treatment transition will be more positive and improve relationships in and outside of the family.
Our Family Program offers a neutral therapeutic setting where families can interact and learn helpful tools that can be utilized once a client returns home. Deer Hollow is passionate about helping to restore lives and relationships after trauma and has organized a specific curriculum for our Family Program with this goal in mind. We encourage family members to attend the weekend and benefit from personal growth and healing.
Listed below are some of the expected outcomes from attending our Family Program:
- Families will understand what constitutes trauma
- Families will express their expectations and fears going forward after discharge
- Clients will express their expectations and fears going forward after discharge
- Families and clients will understand the need for boundaries
- Families and clients will work together to identify initial boundaries