Article provided by: Emerge Recovery Center
Emerge Recovery Center is a premier rehab for bipolar treatment in South Florida with evidence-based therapies and a customized healing approach. Our exceptional team of clinical staff works relentlessly to help our patients achieve their recovery goals.
Our treatment approach for bipolar disorder and addiction
As a preeminent bipolar disorder treatment center, our clinicians use medications and psychotherapy to treat these conditions. We offer day and night PHP programs, intensive outpatient therapy, outpatient treatment, and community housing services to help patients embrace sobriety and improved mental wellness.
We stifle cravings for those suffering from bipolar and anxiety disorders and ease their withdrawal symptoms with anticonvulsant drugs, benzodiazepines, and antipsychotics. Our team of clinicians offers around-the-clock medical care and motivates our patients consistently to help them achieve their recovery goals. Besides, cognitive behavioral therapy forms the crux of our South Florida mental health treatment, helping individuals overcome addiction and co-occurring bipolar disorder safely and effectively.
Tips to control bipolar disorder
If you experience symptoms of bipolar disorder, it is critical to seek help from a reputed mental health treatment facility in West Palm Beach at the earliest. After completing the treatment course, here are a few tips that you can follow to keep bipolar disorder under control:
- Quit drinking - You must refrain from risk-taking behavior, drug use, or alcohol consumption all together to prevent negative consequences. Join a support group for bipolar disorder to connect with those facing similar challenges as you.
- Build healthy relationships - Surround yourself with individuals who are a positive influence on your life. Staying close to your friends and family members can provide you with a network of support and can prevent sudden and unhealthy mood shifts.
- Develop a healthy routine - Develop and adopt a routine for sleeping, physical activity, mental relaxation, and eating. Following a structure or schedule can prevent boredom and keep your moods in balance.
Maintain a record of your daily moods, sleep, activities that you do, and the feelings that you experience. These entries can help you identify triggers and allow your doctor to recommend effective treatment options/adjustments.
Common mental health issues that present with addiction
There is a strong connection between mental health issues and addiction. In over 50% of cases, substance abuse problems arise from an underlying psychiatric disorder. Here are some of the common mental health issues that commonly develop alongside addiction:
- Depression - Every 1 out of 10 adults in the US suffers from depression. Most of these individuals resort to drugs or alcohol to escape the symptoms of their mental health condition.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) - Anxiety disorder affects 18% of the US's adult population, and those suffering from GAD resort to drugs and alcohol to overcome their symptoms.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder - It is a mental health problem that causes the brain to produce fewer endorphins than the ideal amount. Individuals with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) often turn toward alcohol or drugs for comfort, solace, and happiness.
Call Emerge Recovery Center at 844-495-0093 to speak to sign up for our bipolar treatment in South Florida. Leaving bipolar disorder untreated can lead to severe deterioration of your physical and mental health. Seek help today to prevent adverse health implications.West Palm Beach Dual Diagnosis Facility
View Larger Map