By the time clients arrive to Deer Hollow, they’ve become emotionally septic due to untended historical wounds. These wounds end up manifesting themselves in unhealthy behaviors such as addiction, dysfunctional relationships and living life in grey. Deer Hollow is unlike any other recovery and wellness program; rather than focusing simply on just the behaviors, we do a deep dive to explore and reintegrate the traumas in a meaningful way. Deer Hollow uses cutting edge, evidence based, best practice intensive trauma programming. This unique combination of modalities creates the most effective formulary to achieve maximum healing potential. Deer Hollow is gifted at getting our clients to truly step into their recovery and live life in bright, vivid color.
- DBT Skills – to assist in handling emotional dysregulation more effectively; it is targeted at deescalating the amygdala. During the client’s stay, they get the skills from all four DBT modules.
- CPT – (Cognitive Processing Therapy) – this is to allow the client to think more logically by challenging stuck points/unhealthy beliefs about the world, self and others that they have developed to make sense of their traumatic experiences and are thereby keeping them stuck.
- Mind Body Bridging (MBB) – bridge the gap between the emotional and logical by mapping and stimulating the Index System (I system). This allows for opportunities to slow the I system down naturally by learning to identify manufactured stories and requirements that cause hyper-arousal.
- Shame Resiliency – shame is the largest predictor of relapse and lack of wellness as well as the most common feeling associated with trauma. Patients are taught shame resiliency skills to live an authentic, wholehearted lives.
- Psychodrama – bring closure to trauma wounds. Group begins with a warm up and then group members can volunteer to do an enactment about something painful needing tending, the group then shares their experiences about the enactment and then closes with gratitudes or affirmations.
- Self-Compassion & Radical Acceptance – building self-esteem doesn’t work, studies show that it actually causes relapse. Self-compassion is the most effective means of countering shame and negative feelings, which are directly correlated with mental wellness, trauma recovery and sobriety. Patients are taught the requirements of self-compassion (mindfulness, self kindness and common humanity) and radical acceptance through experiential exercises.
- Mediation/Mindfulness – patients are taught how to take the critical pause to find fresh alternative to the unhealthy habits they have been engaged in to numb and run away from their emotions. This includes Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and gaining
control over heart rate variability through breath work and learning body sensations.
- Process Groups – experiential groups to bring the here and now into the session and focuses on client topics needing exploration without a set curriculum.
- Deer Hollow believes in the efficacy of the therapy modalities that we offer. As we continue to expand our program in exciting ways we also include Community, Internal Family Systems (IFS), Music Imagery and Process, and many other therapy modalities that are foundational for long term success, healing and growth.
Take the necessary steps to begin your journey down the road to recovery.